CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Sunday, August 3, 2008

Oatmeal Scotchies

These are probably my favorite cookies of all time! I always forget how much I like them until I make a batch and then my lack of self control reminds me!!!Recipe from Nestle Butterscotch Morsels package

1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 cup butter or margarine, softened
3/4 cup granulated sugar
3/4 cup packed brown sugar
2 large eggs
1 teaspoon vanilla extract or grated peel of 1 orange
3 cups quick or old-fashioned oats
1 2/3 cups (11-package) Nestle Toll House Butterscotch Flavored Morsels

Preheat oven to 375 degrees.

Combine flour, baking soda, cinnamon and salt in small bowl. Beat butter, sugars, eggs and vanilla extract in large mixer bowl. Gradually beat in flour mixture. Stir in oats and morsels. Drop by rounded tablespoon onto ungreased baking sheets.

Bake for 7-8 minutes for chewy cookies; 9-10 minues for crisp cookies. Cool on baking sheets for 2 minutes; remove to wire racks to cool completely.

Makes about 4 dozen cookies.

2 comments:

Jackson & Trish Whitehurst said...

Ok Ashley, I'm trying this recipe this weekend for our camping trip!

Jackson & Trish Whitehurst said...

These were awesome for camping! Thanks for sharing this recipe!