CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Monday, July 7, 2008

Strawberry Pretzel Salad

My mom makes this salad every Thanksgiving and I love it!!!

Recipe from Emerson 2nd Ward Cookbook

Bottom Layer:
2 cups pretzels, crushed
3/4 cups melted butter
3 tablespoons sugar

Mix and press into 9x13 inch pan. Bake 8 minutes at 400 degrees. Cool completely.

Second Layer:
2 (8 oz) packages cream cheese
1 cup sugar

Blend together, then fold in 8 ounces Cool Whip.

Third Layer:
1 (6 oz) package strawberry Jell-O
2 cups hot water

Dissolve. Add 2 (10 oz) packages strawberries, partially thawed. Let set slightly, then pour on top of second layer. Chill throroughly.

Top with Cool Whip.

1 comment:

Jackson & Trish Whitehurst said...

Thanks for this recipe! I was wondering what I could take to our church picnic tomorrow and then I remembered your wonderful recipe blog. So thanks for doing this!